Michael Elliott is a thought leader, marketing consultant and enterprise data center evangelist focusing on data center evolution with particular emphasis on private and hybrid clouds. Michael previously worked as Dell’s Cloud Evangelist representing Dell’s cloud portfolio and vision at customer meetings, media briefings, and industry conferences. Prior to that, Michael held marketing and consulting roles in the storage and telecom industry.
Michael started his career as a mainframe programmer for General Electric and held the role of adjunct professor of marketing at the University of Akron. Michael has a mathematics degree from the University of Cincinnati and an MBA from Pennsylvania State University.
Michael’s recent work includes:
- Interviewer at the Consumer Electronics Show focused on Internet of Things (IoT)
- Participation in cloud industry panels and private equity discussions relating to the vision of cloud.
- Business development activities with a focus on the enterprise data center.
- Sales enablement and training on cloud positioning and how cloud impacts hardware and software sales.
- Industry conference presentations including the Consumer Electronics Show, Cloud Computing East, Educause, and the Cloud Computing Association.
The intent of this blog is to share information and create discussion around the enterprise cloud space.